Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jimmy Fallon and Mitt Romney: Burger Summit (Video)

UPDATE, July 18, 2012: Burger Summit 2012
____________________

Over the 4th of July, Jimmy Fallon and Mitt Romney just happened to be vacationing in the same place, Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.



On Tuesday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, he challenged Mitt Romney to be a guest on his show. It really didn't sound like an invitation. Instead, it sounded like a dare.
JIMMY FALLON: I want to talk about something that happened over the 4th of July. I was up at Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire with my wife and my family. And I'm just poppin' some beers, flippin' some burgs, having a decent time, having a decent time. I come to find out the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is doing the exact same thing not more than three doors down.

He's on the lake. He's jet skiing around. 'Miiitt-rommmmmm-neyyy.' [Making an engine sound]

He's with his family at Lake Winnipesaukee. So I get on the Instagram, I get on the Twitter, I get on the Facebook and start messaging Mitt, trying to get him to come over and have a burger with me. So my people are calling his people. His people are not calling my people. But I do finally, I get a response from Team Mitt that he's spending time with his family and wants to know how long I'm gonna be there.

So I'm like, 'As long as it takes, man.' I'm holding my burg. This is a big deal. I mean, this could be the next president of the United States. So I'm trying to get a Burger Summit going. So I wait it out. I got my burger in one hand. I got my beer in the other hand. Uh, he never comes over. Yeah, he didn't come over.

...Mitt, you're taking a break from the campaign trail. Understood. You gotta do that 'cuz you gotta get ready. But now you're back. It's election time, dude. So I'm gonna put it out there one more time. I'm gonna give you another invitation.

Please come on the show and have a burger with me, Jimmy Fallon. I mean, you've got between now and November. Whatever you want on your burger - I don't care. It's more about us getting together. Fallon - Romney, burger time. Burger Summit. It's gonna be super fun. I promise.

Who knows?

Maybe Romney has already agreed to be on the show and this is the set-up.

It's kind of weird.

If Romney does appear on the show, there is no way Fallon and company would agree to let him "Slow Jam the News," like Obama requested to do.

Yes, Obama's team initiated the bit as a vehicle for Obama to deliver his propaganda.

Romney would never lower himself the way Obama, "Preezy of the United Steezy," did. He wouldn't want to do it.

Nonetheless, there is no way Fallon would be as gracious with Romney, and allow him to use the show as free campaign ad time and a forum to air his policy proposals.

Anyway, I doubt Romney would be comfortable acting like such a buffoon, so unpresidential, so not cool.

________________

Here's video:
Jimmy's Invitation to Mitt Romney (7/10/12)

After Mitt Romney stood Jimmy up at their shared vacation destination, Jimmy extends an offer to Mitt to come on Late Night.

No comments: