Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Abortion, Obama, and the Democrats' Platform

Apparently, the Democrats no longer believe abortion should be rare.

During his presidency, Bill Clinton said he wanted abortion to be "safe, legal, and rare."

Obama doesn't care about the rare part.

The Democrats' platform on abortion is extreme, and it demands that taxpayers participate by funding the killing.

From the Weekly Standard:

The 2012 Democratic party will officially adopt an extreme position on the issue of abortion on Tuesday. According to a copy of the party platform, which was released online just before midnight on Monday, "The Democratic Party strongly and unequivocally supports Roe v. Wade and a woman’s right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay."

That last part--"regardless of ability to pay"--is an endorsement of taxpayer-funded abortions, a policy that President Obama has personally endorsed. Obama wants Medicaid to pay directly for elective abortions, and Obamacare will allow beneficiaries to use federal subsidies to purchase health care plans that cover elective abortions. According to a 2009 Quinnipiac poll, 72 percent of voters oppose public funding of abortion and 23 percent support it. In other words, public funding of abortion--a policy President Obama actively supports--is as unpopular as banning abortion in the case of rape, a policy on which the media have focused their attention over the past two weeks despite the fact that neither presidential candidate supports it.

...The 2012 Democratic party also endorses an unrestricted right to abortion-on-demand. According to the platform, on the issue of abortion "there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way." In 2003, Obama was asked if he was pro-choice on abortion "in all situations including the late-term thing." Obama replied: "I'm pro-choice."

Enough with the Leftists and their media mouthpieces spouting that Republicans are extreme on the abortion issue.

Unquestionably, the Democrats' position is extreme - unrestricted killing of the unborn, funded by taxpayers.

4 comments:

jimspice said...

Unrestricted. Yes. We should be able to freely abort the pregnancies of those around us. Yes. That's exactly what we think.

Hyperbole much?

Mary said...

I guess I give you and other Leftists too much credit.

I assumed you would understand what I meant. I assumed you would understand that by "unrestricted" I was referring to a woman being able to kill her baby on demand, even when that innocent human being is capable of living outside the womb.

By "unrestricted" I mean a woman's ability to issue a death sentence to another human being at any point in the pregnancy, even if the abortion is botched and the baby is born alive.

Russ Feingold and Obama want no protection for babies born alive during a botched abortion. Their stance is truly horrific.

I abhor the Democrats' platform of "unrestricted" abortion. I object to my tax dollars being used to pay for the slaughter of the weak and vulnerable.

I was wrong to assume you would understand.

jimspice said...

Your tax dollars have not been used to perform a single abortion. At least not in the past 20 years or so. And you really don't know my my personal opinion on abortion now, do you? My public opinion that it's really none of my business what someone else does with their body could very well be different from my personal view. Yes, it's one of those relative inablosutes we lefties like so much: I am not so vain as to assume my opinion is the best.

Mary said...

My tax dollars have been given to Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest slaughterhouse of the unborn.

Claims that the Planned Parenthood abortion mills haven't used those funds for abortions are ridiculous. This notion that somehow the federal money is kept separate from the murdering business is a joke.

My tax money has been used to fund abortions abroad. Obama issued an executive order to allow it.

You're wrong when you say "Your tax dollars have not been used to perform a single abortion. At least not in the past 20 years or so."

Admit it.

Also, I made no reference whatsoever to your personal opinions when it comes to murdering unborn human beings. All I know is you support it.

I don't know if you would be cool with killing your unborn child or if you ever had a child of yours killed before birth. However, at the very least, I do know you're OK with standing by as the slaughter continues.