Friday, September 7, 2012

Jimmy Fallon: James Taylor, DNC (Video)

UPDATE, September 10, 2012: Jimmy Fallon is hawking his pro-Obama parody on YouTube. Did the White House put out that request?




____________________

On Friday's Late Night, Jimmy Fallon portrayed James Taylor performing at the Democratic National Convention.

The lyrics for "Fire and Rain" were reworked to encourage people to vote for Obama.

Lyrics:

Just yesterday evening I turned the DNC on
I had to DVR "Honey Boo Boo"
Watched both conventions and I wrote down this song
'Cause this November we'll vote for one of you

Oh, I've seen Romney, I've seen Bain
I've seen Clinton's speeches I thought would never end
I've seen crazy guy talking to invisible men
So I'll probably vote Obama again

Won't you look down upon me, Eastwood
I'm sittin' right here in this chair
No one can see me but that's OK
My body's invisible, it's like no one is there
But you keep talking to me anyway

Oh, I've seen Romney, I've seen Bain
I've seen Clinton's speeches I thought would never end
I've seen crazy guy talking to invisible men
So I'll probably vote Obama again

But Barack ain't got such an easy time with Biden on his team
Please, Joe, keep your piehole closed, don't you know you're killing me
We've seen both sides and we've seen both guys, but in 2016
I'm voting for the dream team - Michelle and Hillary

Oh, I've seen Romney, I've seen Bain
I've seen Clinton's speeches I thought would never end
I've seen Chris Christie jiggle in the wind
So I'll probably vote Obama one more time again

Thought we'd give you four more years again
There's an election coming our way this time around, now
Thought we'd give you, thought we'd give you four more years, yeah, yeah

Video:



This is really getting sickening.

Fallon claims he doesn't take sides. He doesn't want to offend anyone. He wants to entertain.

What a load!

Of course, James Taylor is a Leftist and Fallon was supposed to be Taylor. The new lyrics were mildly amusing, but the message was so partisan.

Adding to the pro-Obama song, Tom Brokaw was Fallon's first guest.

After telling his tale of the Ambien incident, supposedly Brokaw thought he had taken a baby aspirin instead of the sleeping pill, Brokaw proceeded to slam Clint Eastwood and Mitt Romney.

Referring to Romney, Brokaw said, "As a candidate, I don't think I've ever seen anyone who is more ill at ease on stage."

Brokaw said Romney is "inauthentically spontaneous. When he tries to be spontaneous, all the parts don't seem to fit together somehow. I don't know how that's going to work for him as the campaign goes on."

Good grief.

I think the Ambien is clouding Brokaw's judgment.

I'm so sick of all the Obama cheerleading on NBC.

No comments: