Monday, September 10, 2012

Tammy Baldwin Push Poll

After receiving multiple calls from a number identified on my caller ID as "800 service," I picked up to demand to be put on its "do not call" list.

It turned out to be a political poll. Curious, I agreed to participate.

But before beginning, I asked how long it would take. I was told it was just a few questions and would not take long at all.

The first questions were clear and typical of an organization looking to analyze data. But that quickly shifted to what was clearly a push poll by Tammy Baldwin.

The "poll" wasn't brief. It took over 20 minutes.

I stayed on the call because I wanted to hear just how low the Baldwin campaign would go.

The statements about Baldwin's positions compared to Tommy Thompson's positions were absurd.

When the "pushing" first began, I said, "That's an inaccurate statement about Thompson's stance." I said the statements were slanted and false.

When the nature of the call was clear, I asked the name of the group doing the poll. The woman said she didn't know, that she would find out when she reached the end of the questions and would tell me then.

Cute.

No surprise, the "poll" of blatant lies about Tommy Thompson was conducted by "Tammy Baldwin for Senate."

I asked the woman on the phone if she was in Wisconsin. The woman said she was a "third party" working out of Florida.

The push polling tactic is dirty, and Tammy Baldwin uses it.




No comments: