Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tommy Thompson: Statement on First Debate

Madison, WI - Former Governor Tommy Thompson released the following statement after winning the first Senate debate tonight.
"Tonight's debate couldn't have provided a starker contrast for the future of Wisconsin and America," said Tommy Thompson. "With a $16 trillion debt and more than 23 million Americans either unemployed or underemployed, my opponent wants to double down by taxing middle class families and job creators to advance an extreme agenda far outside the mainstream of Wisconsin.

"I have a proven record in Wisconsin of creating jobs, reforming broken government, cutting taxes and getting the economy back on track. I have a plan to restore America, the country that I love, and provide our children and grandchildren a brighter future than my generation had. I will fight every single day for the people of Wisconsin because too much is at stake to do anything less.

"Unfortunately, my opponent's record clearly demonstrates she favors bigger government over taxpayers and working families. As the 'most liberal' member of the United States House of Representatives, Tammy Baldwin has been a consistent vote to raise taxes and increase government spending, including proposing a reckless second stimulus bill and $3.9 trillion in new taxes. Due to her failed record, she has turned to demagoguery and lies. Wisconsin needs leadership in the United States Senate, and Wisconsinites will not get that from my opponent."

No comments: