Friday, October 12, 2012

Chris Wallace: Biden 'Openly Disrespectful' (Video, Transcript)

Chris Wallace was not at all impressed by Joe Biden's debate performance.

He gave a blistering assessment of Biden's treatment of Paul Ryan. I think Wallace is spot-on.




CHRIS WALLACE: Let me start with the thoughts first, Bret [Baier]. I have to say I think I have watched almost every presidential and vice presidential debate since the first four Kennedy-Nixon debates in 1960. And thinking back over the last few minutes, I don't believe that I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other as Biden was to Paul Ryan tonight. And that's what it was.

You can talk about the smirks, the smiles, the headshaking, the mugging. It was openly contemptuous and disrespectful. And it wasn't just the facial gestures, it was also the words. In the course of the night, he dimissed various arguments by Ryan as 'malarkey,' 'bunch of stuff,' 'I don't know what these guys are talking about,' 'loose talk,' and 'bluster.'

It was really quite an extraordinary, and I have to say, from my experience, unprecedented performance in a presidential or vice presidential debate by one of the participants on the specific issues.
Well said.




No comments: