Wednesday, October 31, 2012

George H.W. Bush and Tommy Thompson

President George H.W. Bush is encouraging Wisconsinites to vote for Tommy Thompson.

Dear Mary,

At this point in my life, I really try to avoid politics, especially around election time.

But some people are truly exceptional -- Tommy Thompson is one of them -- and I feel the need to do what I can to help.

Tommy Thompson has been my friend for almost thirty years. His was a spectacularly successful Governor of Wisconsin for fourteen years, and a great partner in many of my reform efforts as President. He was so popular and effective that my son, President George W. Bush, tapped Tommy to serve the Nation as the Secretary of Health and Human Services . . . and thankfully, Tommy answered his country's call.

Why was Tommy always so popular? Because he has always made things happen, and got things done. Tommy Thompson pioneered welfare form . . . created jobs . . . restrained spending . . . cut taxes . . . and instituted the first school choice programs.

He was tough and innovative, but thoughtful . . . and he was always a forceful leader. He talked to and worked with everyone . . . and he still does.

Tommy used to say, "I am from Elroy, Wisconsin -- I can dial a wrong number and talk for hours!” That small town, "can do" Wisconsin approach and charm is what has made Tommy Thompson one of America's most dynamic and successful leaders. And it’s that same "can do" approach that’s needed today in Washington to get our nation going again.

I hope you’ll join me in the effort to elect Tommy Thompson as the next United States Senator from Wisconsin.

Tommy prevailed in a difficult primary in August that exhausted his campaign's finances. He is engaged in a tough and close campaign where his opponent is heavily outspending him and unfairly attacking him.

I have had no better friend than Tommy Thompson in my many years in public life. And Wisconsin -- as well as America -- has never had a better, more reliable or honorable public servant. Tommy needs our help.

America needs great leaders more than ever, and Tommy Thompson has long been one of our very best. We all need to rally around our friend and support him in his effort to help tackle our country’s complex problems as a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin.

We need a Senator Tommy Thompson, and he needs your help to make that a reality.

Please join me in supporting Tommy's campaign. There are only a few days left and your financial support will have a direct and immediate impact in putting him over the top.

If you feel, as I do, that we need bold, principled leadership in the U.S. Senate, I urge you to send a contribution to Tommy today.

Sincerely,



George H.W. Bush
It would be such a mistake to allow a fringe Leftist like Tammy Baldwin to serve in the U.S. Senate.

Her record reveals that she's too extreme. She couldn't possibly represent us well.

Tommy Thompson shares our values. He's good for us and the country.


No comments: