Thursday, February 7, 2013

Donald Driver: Greatness Is Born (Video)

Watch the video that was shown at the Donald Driver retirement event at the Lambeau Field atrium yesterday.

Other videos of the event can be found at Packers.com.

Mike McCarthy's remarks are especially touching, seeing him choke up like that.

Watch Governor Scott Walker and Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt pay tribute to Donald.



Walker declared Wednesday "Donald Driver Day" in Wisconsin. Schmitt announced that the statue in front of Titletown Brewing, the one that used to be outside the old Hall of Fame, will be transformed into a Donald Driver statue. Also, the street is on track to be renamed "Donald Driver Way." He deserves those honors and more.

Watch Donald Driver's remarks, so gracefully and beautifully delivered to more than 1000 fans at Lambeau and countless others watching on TV and the Internet.

"To the fans, I want to thank you all for the love, the joy, the cheers, the ups and (downs), though we haven't given you too many downs," Driver said. "This day is not just for me, this day is for you.

"Twelve years ago, I signed my first big contract for the Green Bay Packers and I promised you all that I would never wear another uniform. So today, we make that official. I keep my promise to you. The loyalty you all have instilled in me and my family, I have to keep my loyalty to you and not play for another team and to retire in the green and gold."
I will miss Donald so much, but as he has said, he's a Packer for life.

Congratulations, Donald.

Thank you. Thank you for retiring as a Packer and your tremendous legacy.

And good luck on getting those squirrels out of your attic.

No comments: