Friday, April 5, 2013

Michelle Obama: 'Busy Single Mother' (Video)

Michelle Obama isn't a "busy single mother," but she likes to play one on TV.



I've never been a single mother, though there have been times I felt like a lot of the family responsibility was my on shoulders. That said, I have never slipped and referred to myself as a "single mother." It wouldn't happen.

That would be as impossible as slipping and saying "I'm single."

Poor Michelle. Her schedule is tough and she has a lot of stress. Busy single-ish mothers like her have to budget time and energy. Of course, for her, money is no concern whatsoever. She's lucky.

White House throwing star-studded concert despite sequester

Though the White House has been singing the sequester blues, the Obamas still have managed to scrape together enough cash to throw a star-studded concert celebrating "Memphis Soul" later this month.

The White House announced Tuesday that the 10th concert in its "In Performance at the White House" series would go on April 16. Set to perform are Al Green, Ben Harper, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper and Justin Timberlake, among many others.

Though the White House last month decided to suspend official tours of the "people's house" citing the sequester, the budget cuts apparently have not impeded the concert schedule.
Hypocrites.

I would prefer that my tax dollars not be used for concerts and parties.

It would be nice for all the American people to have access to the White House, not just those in Obama's rich, famous, and liberal circle.



No comments: