Sunday, August 4, 2013

Obama's Birthday Card, OFA, and Jimmy Fallon

The emails keep coming from Obama's campaign arm, Organizing for Action.

SIGN THE BIRTHDAY CARD FOR OBAMA! SIGN RIGHT NOW! SIGN IT! SIGN IT! SIGN IT!

Saturday morning, this was the message:

Mary --

Need the perfect way to say, "It's your birthday, and I'm so glad you're my president!"?

Look no further.

OFA put together a birthday card for President Obama -- go sign it:
http://my.barackobama.com/Sign-the-Card-for-President-Obama

Thanks -- I've missed your inbox.

Julianna

----------------
The other side will spend millions to maintain the status quo. We're fighting for change -- chip in $5 or more to support OFA today.
"It's your birthday, and I'm so glad you're my president!"

No way.

It's Obama's birthday on August 4th. True.

I'm so glad he's my president???

False.

These messages from OFA have been flooding my inbox.

Late Saturday afternoon, this message arrived:




http://my.barackobama.com/Sign-the-Card-for-President-Obama


----------------
The other side will spend millions to maintain the status quo. We're fighting for change -- chip in $5 or more to support OFA today.

Really?

A photo of Obama yucking it up with Jimmy Fallon, Bashir Salahuddin, Tariq Trotter, and Jay Carney or someone who looks like him, featuring an Apple laptop, is supposed to encourage people to give Obama money.

So the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon gang are campaigning for Obama?

It's no secret they're on Team Obama, but agreeing to be used in a political solicitation could turn half the country off to the soon to be host of The Tonight Show.

Speaking of turning off half the country, Obama will be Jay Leno's guest on Tuesday.


No comments: