Friday, January 24, 2014

Obama: 'I've Got a Pen'

The Constitution be damned.

In his remarks to the U.S. Conference of Mayors yesterday, Obama reiterated his declaration that he will not let Congress stand in his way. He will bypass the Legislative Branch and dictate. HE will make law, because he's got a pen.

From McClatchy:

President Obama hosted mayors from across the U.S. at the White House Thursday, saying their efforts in cities prove "you don’t have to wait for the gridlock to clear in Congress in order to make things happen."

Obama, who in recent weeks has signaled he plans increase his efforts to go around Congress, saluted mayors who he said are getting things done....

"I want to work with Congress whenever and wherever I can, but the one thing I'm emphasizing to all my Cabinet members is we're not going to wait," Obama told the mayors at a reception for the U.S. Conference of Mayors in the East Room at the White House.

"Where Congress is debating things and hasn't been able to pull the trigger on stuff, my administration is going to move forward and we're going to do it in partnership with all of you," Obama said. "I've got a pen and I've got a phone. And that's all I need."
This isn't the first time Obama has used this outrageous "I've got a pen and I've got a phone" rhetoric.



If President George W. Bush had made such a statement, the Leftists would have flipped out. They were always whining about "King George."

(Remember Russ Feingold's "King George" ramblings?)

The reality is Obama is acting like a tyrant. He doesn't hesitate to say he's going to dictate. In effect, Obama has no problem with acknowledging his intent to ignore the checks and balances set forth in the Constitution.

I have a problem with that.