Friday, August 29, 2014

Obama: No ISIS Strategy

Obama is not fit to serve as president of the United States.

It was clear in 2008 that he wasn't qualified, but he was elected. It was clear in 2012 that he was a failure in office, but he was reelected.

Now, here we are in 2014.

THE GUY IS A DISASTER.

Here's video of Obama's press conference, August 28, 2014:



In his opening statement, Obama said he is confident we will "root out" ISIS or, as he likes to say, ISIL.

OBAMA: Now, ISIL poses an immediate threat to the people of Iraq and to people throughout the region, and that's why our military action in Iraq has to be part of a broader comprehensive strategy to protect our people and to support our partners who are taking the fight to ISIL, and that starts with Iraq's leaders building on the progress that they've made so far and forming an inclusive government that will unite their country and strengthen their security forces to confront ISIL.

Any successful strategy, though, also needs strong regional partners. I'm encouraged so far that countries in the region, countries that don't always agree on many things, increasingly recognize the primacy of the threat that ISIL poses to all of them. And I've asked Secretary Kerry to travel to the region to continue to build the coalition that's needed to meet this threat.

As I've said, rooting out a cancer like ISIL will not be quick or easy, but I'm confident that we can and we will, working closely with our allies and our partners. For our part, I've directed Secretary Hagel and our Joint Chiefs of Staff to prepare a range of options. I'll be meeting with my National Security Council again this evening as we continue to develop that strategy. And I've been consulting with members of Congress, and I'll continue to do so in the days ahead.
Later, Obama declared, "We don't have a strategy yet."

Yeah. He said that.

QUESTION: Do you need Congress's approval to go into Syria?

OBAMA: You know, I have consulted with Congress throughout this process. I am confident that as commander in chief I have the authorities to engage in the acts that we are conducting currently. As our strategy develops, we will continue to consult with Congress, and I do think that it'll be important for Congress to weigh in and we're -- that our consultations with Congress continue to develop so that the American people are part of the debate.

But I don't want to put the cart before the horse. We don't have a strategy yet. I think what I've seen in some of the news reports suggests that folks are getting a little further ahead of where we're at than we currently are. And I think that's not just my assessment, but the assessment of our military, as well. We need to make sure that we've got clear plans, that we're developing them. At that point, I will consult with Congress and make sure that their voices are heard.

But there's no point in me asking for action on the part of Congress before I know exactly what it is that is going to be required for us to get the job done.
Obama is an awful leader of the Free World.

Absolutely awful.

Maybe he should have been working on a strategy to deal with ISIS instead of spending all that time on the golf course.

Way to go, Obama. Way to go....

________________

Mark Levin on ISIS: Obama to Blame for '1 of the Worst Military, National Screw-Ups in Modern U.S. History'

No comments: