Monday, January 5, 2015

Christie at Lambeau

Chris Christie and the Dallas Cowboys - big news.

Personally, I don't care that Christie was hugging Jerry Jones. I don't care that he was cheering for the Cowboys.



It doesn't matter to me, but others are considering it a major story.

The next chapter of the story: Will Christie come to Lambeau on Sunday?

From Politico:

Not one to shy away from anything, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is doubling down on his controversial support for the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys and might go watch them play at Lambeau Field next Sunday.

“I hope to,” Christie said Monday on WFAN’s “Boomer & Carton” radio show, when asked if he will join the team once again as it faces off against the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round playoff game.

It could even turn into a political reunion of sorts, if Christie and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker — a Packers fan and fellow Republican — are both in attendance.

“If I do go to Lambeau this weekend, of course Scott and I are friends and I’ll see Scott,” Christie said.

The New Jersey governor’s long-term fandom for the Cowboys has come under recent scrutiny as his high-profile friendship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been on display. The pair have taken in games in Jones’ suite this season, which has elicited backlash on Twitter.
Oooh, backlash on Twitter!

WHO CARES?

If Scott Walker had a high-profile hug with Jerry Jones to celebrate a Cowboys victory, I'd have a problem with that.

People from New Jersey might care about Christie's loyalty to Dallas, but it certainly makes no difference to me.

It's so silly that Christie's moves are being analyzed in terms of the 2016 presidential race. What's the significance? Let's think about it. Let's discuss.

HOW LAME!

I don't want Christie to be the 2016 Republican presidential nominee. He'd be better than Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren, but he's low on my list of 2016 candidates.

He can cheer for Dallas and hug Jerry Jones. It doesn't matter to me.

The Packers - Cowboys game does matter to me.

I hope Christie won't be doing any celebrating on Sunday, and the only hugging he does is to console the losers.






No comments: