Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Xavier Becerra: Unborn Child At 20 Weeks a Human Being?

DEMOCRAT Rep. Xavier Becerra, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, refused to answer a very simple question:

Is a baby 20 weeks into pregnancy a human being?

DEMOCRAT Becerra won't say.

From CNSNews:

At the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday, Jan. 27, CNSNews.com asked the congressman, “Do you think an unborn child 20 weeks into pregnancy is a human being?”

Becerra said, “You know my wife’s an OB/GYN, and I know having watched as we raise our three daughters, there is no one who knows more about what’s in the best interest of a child than the mother -- and I say that as a very proud father and I have total faith when my wife makes a decision. She does it in the best interest of her family and her kids and obviously me as well.”

“So when a woman has to make a decision, I have full faith in what that woman will do because my sense is that, over the millennia, women have had to deal with these issues far more than men,” said Becerra. “And so, when someone says to me that you’re going to put at risk a woman’s health to make a political, social point, it’s just not -- I don’t believe we should be legislating what a woman should do. We got to believe that our mothers and our sisters and our daughters know better than a politician in Washington, D.C.”

CNSNews.com followed up asking, “But that question aside, just simply, if a child 20 weeks into pregnancy is a human being or not?”

Becerra responded, “I think I’ve given you the answer that a woman’s going to make a decision on what to do with her body. I think she knows far better than I do, especially if she’s pregnant and if she’s going to have a baby.”



Good grief.

Ask a simple question, get NO answer.

Actually, Becerra's non-answer provided a very definitive answer.

The fact that he wouldn't say that of course a child at 20 weeks into pregnancy is a human being spoke volumes.

If that unborn baby isn't human, then what is it?

A dog? A cat? A rabbit?

Denying the unborn personhood is something pro-abortion proponents like the Democrats must do.

If they acknowledge that the unborn are human, then permitting them to be slaughtered gets messy.

Becerra should ask a woman who miscarried at 20 weeks if her baby was human.




No comments: