Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Brian Williams and Integrity

Brittany M. Hughes, CNSNews, reports that on September 10, 2004, at the National Conference of the Society of Professional Journalists, Brian Williams yapped about the importance of integrity.

“When you create a story at NBC Nightly News, when I sit down to write copy for air, I assign it, in the computer, a ‘one.’ It then goes through a series of traps, where writers and senior editors assign it a ‘two,’ ‘three,’ ‘four,’ and then it is ‘x’ed by the executive producer. No item can be read on the air without carrying an ‘x,’” explained Williams.

“If it needs to be amended, I go back into the document and see what they’ve done to my…poetry, really,” Williams added, to the amusement of the audience.

“I joke, but this is how we make sure -- and we, we toil and sometimes argue and fuss and fight over every word that goes out over the air. It’s…this is what we do. Talk about integrity. This is all we have,” he claimed.


This is pathetic.

When I watch that video, and see the smug Williams bloviating, I can't think of anything but the fact that the guy is a world-class BSer.

There is no way Brian Williams can be the face of NBC News if the intent is to be taken seriously by the public.

If Williams, the serial liar, the joke, stays at NBC News, the network's news division is dead.

No comments: