Sunday, May 17, 2015

SNL: Louis C.K. Monologue - Child Molestation (Video)

Louis C.K. was the host of Saturday Night Live's season finale.

To say he made some inappropriate choices in his monologue is an understatement.

Child molestation must be "really good"?

I'm surprised NBC went with that because it is such a sensitive subject.




LOUIS C.K.: Child molesters are very tenacious people. They love molesting childs [sic]. It's crazy. It's like their favorite thing. I mean, when you, it's so crazy because when you consider the risk in being a child molester, speaking not of even the damage your doing, but the risk.

There's no worse life available to a human than being a caught child molester and yet they still do it, which from, you can only really surmise that it must be really good.

I mean, from their point of view, from their, not ours, but from their point of view, it must be amazing for them to risk so much.

How do you think I feel? It's my last show probably.

Look, I can't key into it because I love Mounds bars. I love Mounds bars. It's my favorite thing, right? But there's a limit. I mean, I can't even eat a Mounds bar and do something else at the same time. That's how much I love them. Like if I'm eating a Mounds bar, I can't read the paper. I have to just sit there with it in mouth and go 'Why is this so good? I love this so much.' Because they are delicious, and yet if somebody said to me, 'If you eat another Mounds bar, you'll go to jail and everybody will hate you,' I would stop eating them. Because they do taste delicious, but they don't taste as good as a young boy does, and shouldn't, to a child molester. Not to me. Not to us, 'cause we're all awesome.
Holy moly!

Yikes!

Whoa!

But, it's free speech.

If you're offended, you have lots of options, among them being express your concerns to NBC.

If you're not offended, you could laugh I guess.

In his defense, Louis C.K. was not promoting child molestation. He wasn't mocking the victims of that heinous act.

However, because the potential is so great that so many scarred individuals would be hurt, I think it was a mistake to use that material in an SNL monologue. I think the fact that children are the victims of those crimes is what makes me really squirm. It's hard to laugh about the topic.


_________________

WALL STREET JOURNAL: Is there anything you can’t joke about or is sacred?

JOAN RIVERS: No. You get along in life by laughing at everything. It’s cliché, but if you laugh, you can deal with it. Also, laughing is a great defense. You can’t say I’m ugly, because I beat you to it.

No comments: