Thursday, June 25, 2015

Speaking For the Unborn

Read "First they came for the preborn, and I did not speak out," by Alexandra Liebl.

I think sometimes it can be easy to stay silent on controversial issues because my life is not in immediate danger. I’m not in danger of being aborted. I’m not in danger of being euthanized. But if the humanity of my fellow brothers and sisters is in danger, then all of humanity is in danger. If the humanity of our fellow brothers and sisters is not priceless, then none of us are priceless – and my conscience tells me that that simply cannot be true.

First they came for the preborn, and I did not speak out – because I had already been born.

Then they came for the disabled and sick, and I did not speak out – because I was not disabled nor was I sick.

Then they came for the elderly, and I did not speak out – because I was not elderly.

Then they came for me – and there was no one left to speak for me

No comments: