Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bob Dylan: Nobel Prize in Literature

Without question, Bob Dylan deserves this recognition.



I can't count how many times I've seen Bob Dylan in concert-- small venues, large venues, indoor venues, outdoor venues.

Each was a unique experience. Some I remember better than others.

I've read books about him. I've seen the documentaries.

However, personally, I don't like to dissect his work and turn it into an intellectual exercise. I prefer to simply enjoy.

PRESS RELEASE

The Nobel Prize in Literature for 2016 is awarded to Bob Dylan

"for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".



I was really little when I got my first exposure to Bob Dylan. It was in Catholic grade school. The nuns taught us this song and we sang it at Mass.

So groovy.

Congratulations, Bob Dylan.

No comments: