Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bill Penzey 'Racism Update' Email

Here's the latest from Bill Penzey, spice guy, regarding his comments about Trump voters being racist and needing to "make amends":

Subject Line: Opt-out results for racism update email!


We were going to end our free Cocoa offer Sunday, but with all that was playing out it seemed better to hold off on an "Ends Today!" Email. So now you can get your free $4.95 value Cocoa with $5 purchase right through Wednesday. Our Cocoa really does bring joy to this season. If you are heading to one of our stores to finish your Thanksgiving shopping or to start your Holiday shopping be sure to bring this email or the coupon above along. Or visit us online at penzeys.com, and enter "COCOA" into the apply code box when checking out after spending at least $5. This really is nice Cocoa.

And the results are in from Friday's Racism Update Email. You may remember this email was us re-sending our previous day's email. In it we kindly asked those who chose to cast their vote for an openly racist candidate for the President of the United States to take responsibility for their action. With the re-send we put the UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON right up on top for those needing to use it. We also hoped they would one day come back. The final results are that 0.721% of those on our email list chose to opt-out. 99.27% of you are still here. As I said Tuesday, I love cooks. You are amazing people.

I also want to thank you for the tremendous support from all our customers across the country. The incredibly written emails to me, the support on our Facebook page, the defense of Penzeys in comment sections across the internet—all of it has meant so incredibly much to me. After so many of the far-right media world encouraged their supporters to send their anger at me, I have to admit that I really had never been so insulted in all my life, and I have a history of getting out there on the internet. Without your incredible outpouring of support, I am sure the results for me would have been very different. I am forever in your debt. Thank you.

If you want to like us on Facebook, that would be great. If you want to encourage your friends and family to sign up on our Penzeys One email list, that would be good too. But with the support you've already given us, you really don't need to do anything more.

And don't miss your chance to get a great deal on our Love people—Cook them tasty food boxes for just $19.95 instead of the usual $29.95 and just $29.95 instead of the usual $44.95 for the deluxe. These boxes may well be the best introduction to Penzeys and our excitement for all the good things cooking brings into our lives. Tasty food has never been so easy. No code needed for this offer. Just get to one of our stores, or visit us online at penzeys.com where the prices are already adjusted. Plus, don't delay. This is an amazing assortment at a really great price and may well be this year's Tickle Me Elmo.

Thank you one more time for your support and for being our customer,

Bill
bill@penzeys.com
After claiming to be vindicated, Penzey attacks the "far-right media world."

Good grief!


I also want to thank you for the tremendous support from all our customers across the country. The incredibly written emails to me, the support on our Facebook page, the defense of Penzeys in comment sections across the internet—all of it has meant so incredibly much to me. After so many of the far-right media world encouraged their supporters to send their anger at me, I have to admit that I really had never been so insulted in all my life, and I have a history of getting out there on the internet. Without your incredible outpouring of support, I am sure the results for me would have been very different. I am forever in your debt. Thank you.
Penzey is complaining about being insulted?!?

He calls each and every person who voted for Trump a racist and chastises them, demanding they make amends for their vote.

And he's never been so insulted in all his life?

It's clear this guy just craves attention.

I think it's best to quit feeding the beast, but not relent in spreading the word about Bill Penzey's hateful nature. Inform people and recommend that they don't support his business.

No comments: