Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Jimmy Fallon: Trump, Pence, 'Hamilton' Jokes

JIMMY FALLON: On Friday, Donald Trump agreed to settle his Trump University lawsuits for $25 million. Then on Saturday, he called the U.S. Treasury Department and said, 'I'd like to make a withdrawal. Is that how this works?'

Get this, Donald Trump claimed that he decided to settle the Trump University lawsuit so he could focus on running the country. Then, he went back to tweeting insults at the cast of Hamilton.

Did you hear about this? Vice President-elect Mike Pence went to see Hamilton over the weekend and he was booed by people in the audience when he entered the theater. And if the crowd wasn't mad enough already, Pence waited until a quiet scene to open up a bag of Skittles.

This is pretty interesting here, after Mike Pence was booed at Hamilton, Donald Trump tweeted that he heard that the show was, quote, highly overrated. It turns out Trump has actually tweeted a lot about other Broadway shows as well.

For instance, he tweeted:
Just saw "Rent." Such a sad story. I teared up when landlord didn't evict those kids!

Another time, Trump tweeted:
Can't believe I just wasted two hours watching "Hairspray." Only went because I thought it was about me!

Trump also tweeted:
Just attended "The Lion King." TOTAL ripoff of the movie. WTF?? Unoriginal!

Finally, he tweeted:
Wish I'd sat in the front row when I saw "Cats" because all I wanted to do was grab one of them. I can do it because I'm a star!

No comments: