Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Petition to Ban Joe Buck and Troy Aikman

Andrew Dorff, of Brookfield, Wisconsin, wants FOX Sports broadcasters Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to be banned from calling Green Bay Packers games. He started an online petition.

Text of his petition:

This is a petition to get Joe Buck and Troy Aikman banned from announcing/commentating on the Green Bay Packers.

On behalf of the Green Bay Packers fans across the world, we would like action taken to prohibit them from giving their constant negative input about our team. We are sick of the biased announcing always coming from them.
I will not listen to Buck and Aikman call Packers games. They drive me absolutely nuts.

Twice on Sunday, I had the misfortune of hearing Joe Buck's anti-Green Bay remarks. The first time occurred before I turned on the radio to hear Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarren. It was just seconds before I muted the TV and I caught Buck spewing the negative stuff. Then during the second half, when I needed to be in another room briefly, I turned on the TV and again Buck was being incredibly biased against the Packers. I yelled at Buck, muted the TV, and turned on the radio, even though I would be in that room for just a few minutes.

So, I really do understand how Dorff feels.

If signing the petition helps people feel better, then it is serving a purpose. However, we all know FOX Sports is not going to dump Buck and Aikman.

That's why I dumped them long ago. I don't care that the radio and TV are out of sync. That's not nearly as annoying as listening to Buck and Aikman.


No comments: