Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sally Boynton Brown - DNC Chair Candidate

Sally Boynton Brown, Idaho Democrat Party executive director, is a candidate to be chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

How does she appeal to the Democrats?

By saying she will "shut down other white people."

She admits she needs "schooling" so that she "can go school the other white people."

This is a candidate to be chairman of the DNC. She wants to lead the party and this is the way she thinks she can get the job.




Transcript

SALLY BOYNTON BROWN: Black lives matter, and it makes me sad that we're even having that conversation. And that tells me that white leaders in our party have failed. We have to accept that there is prejudice that exists within our own party, and we have to be able to have that conversation. We cannot sweep that under the rug. We cannot continue to hide it. We cannot smash voices down when they are trying to scream, 'Listen to me, you don't get it.'

I'm a white woman. I don't get it.

I am pleased and honored to be here today to have the conversation. I am so excited that we're here, and I am listening because that's my job. My job is to listen to the issues. My job is to listen and be a voice. And my job is to shut other white people down when they want to interrupt. My job is to shut other white people down when they want to say, 'Oh no, I'm not prejudiced. I'm a Democrat. I'm accepting.'

My job is to make sure that they get that they have privilege, and until we shut our mouths and we listen to those people who don't, and we lift our people up so that we all have equity in this country, so that we're all fighting alongside each other, so that we are all on the same page, and we clearly get where we're going, we're not gonna break through this.

This is not just rhetoric. This is life or death. This moment in our country, the Democratic Party has the opportunity to do something different. We have the opportunity to really confront the fact that we have not been in alignment with our values. We've been talking a lot of smack. We need to make sure that our actions and our words and our values all match.

And around the issue of race, we are so far out of alignment, I don't even know the way back. But I am listening, and I am asking, and I am talking to people. I am talking to people of color because you have the answers. You can tell me as a leader what I need to do, and that's it exactly what I'm gonna do, is continue to have those conversations, and continue to talk to people, and make sure that every single system in our party is designed to give power back to the people, all people, but especially those people who have been disenfranchised in our country since our country started.

So, please, please, please, please, this is a conversation I want to have. And I am from Idaho. We are so white. So white, right? Like, I have been reaching out and trying to connect to anybody of color that I can find to be honest with me. I am not a politician. I am a human being trying to do good work, and I can't do it without y'all.

So, please, please, please, get a hold of me: Sally@WetheDNC.org. I need schooling, and I depend on you and the people around our community to do that, so that I can go school the other white people. We need it.

I want to just say Jehmu [Greene] hit this right on. The thing we're missing in this party is training. We pull people in, they're volunteers, they don't know anything. Right? And then we send them out to have conversations with people, hard conversations. We promote them to chair of the party, where they have power, and they have no clue what they're doing. We have to, at the DNC, provide training. We have to teach them how to communicate, how to be sensitive, and how to shut their mouths if they're white. So, I think I've made my point.
Brown certainly did make her point, for the entire country to hear.

It is truly offensive.

The Democrats' view of America is wrong.

The view Brown has of Americans is so out of alignment with reality. In her view, the main defining factor of an individual in this country is skin color.

That's sick. To borrow a line from Obama, it's not who we are. Not at all.

The Leftists keep accusing Trump of being racist and divisive. What is Brown's line of thinking if not utterly divisive in terms of race?

If you're white, shut the hell up.

Is this really what the Democrat Party has become?

Apparently.

Crazy.

Completely out of touch.

Dangerously divisive.

No comments: