Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kathy Griffin Apologizes

Kathy Griffin apologized for what she was defending just a few hours before.

Apparently, she changed her mind about the image of her holding the bloody, decapitated head of Donald Trump after being criticized by fellow Leftists, like Chelsea Clinton.

CNN has responded, too.

Questions were also raised about whether the photos would affect Griffin's relationship with CNN. The comedian is the longtime co-host of the network's annual New Year's Eve coverage.

"We found what she did disgusting and offensive," a CNN spokesperson said. "We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down. We are evaluating our New Year's Eve coverage and have made no decisions at this point."

Blah, blah, blah. CNN will let this blow over and Griffin will be ringing in the New Year with Anderson Cooper on the network as usual.

It's the end of May. There's time for the controversy to die. I'm sure that's what CNN expects.

Here's Griffin's apology:



KATHY GRIFFIN: Hey, everybody. It's me, Kathy Griffin. I sincerely apologize. I am just now seeing the reaction of these images. I'm a comic. I cross the line. I move the line, then I cross it. I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people. It wasn't funny. I get it. I've made a lot of mistakes in my career. I will continue. I ask your forgiveness. Taking down the image, gonna ask the photographer to take down the image. And I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far. I made a mistake and I was wrong.
That's a good apology, I suppose.

However, Griffin did not intend to apologize. She defended the image on Twitter. She knew what she did would elicit strong responses.




These tweets show Griffin's apology was the result of the firestorm and its negative consequences for her.

She's sincerely sorry the Leftists didn't all come to her defense.


1/ I caption this "there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his...wherever" Also @tylershields great Photog/film maker.
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) May 30, 2017

2/ OBVIOUSLY, I do not condone ANY violence by my fans or others to anyone, ever! I'm merely mocking the Mocker in Chief.
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) May 30, 2017
"I'm merely mocking the Mocker in Chief."

Sure. No big deal. Just a little joke.

Right.

This makes the attempt to destroy Sean Hannity look absolutely crazy. Where's the pressure on sponsors to consider Kathy Griffin too poisonous to touch? The double standard is glaring, the hypocrisy overwhelming.

Of course, Griffin's fans will forgive her.

Certainly, Hollywood and all the Leftist loons have her back.

They have all lost their minds.

I have never witnessed such insanity stemming from a presidential election. It is out of control. It is shameful.

The Democrats/Leftists/Never Trump people need to stop hating and stop the ugliness now.



Really sick. They got the reaction they wanted. Griffin should not be rewarded for that.



No comments: