Monday, July 31, 2017

Chris Christie and Cubs Fan - Miller Park

Here's a huge story out of Miller Park Sunday afternoon:





What happened here?

Chris Christie responded to a Cubs fan after the jerk heckled him.

A Cubs fan at Miller Park behaved badly?

Shocking, isn't it?

From WISN:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie paused at Sunday's match-up between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Chicago Cubs to get in a fan's face and call him a "big shot."

"I appreciate that," the fan, Brad Joseph, is heard replying in video shared by WISN 12 NEWS reporter Ben Hutchison.

Joseph, a relative of Hutchison's, explained what led up to the confrontation:

"When he initially was going up the stairs I yelled his name. He was quite a bit passed me, and 30 feet away I yelled his name and told him that he sucked. ... I called him a hypocrite because I thought it needed to be said. He turned around back towards me and got in my face for what seemed like a long time, but was probably only about 30 seconds or a minute. (He) was yelling at me. First he told me, 'Why don't you have another beer?' which I thought was a decent come back, and I thought that was kind of funny. Then he started calling me a tough guy."
I'm no Chris Christie fan. He's made some big, big mistakes, no question about it.

This incident at Miller Park, however, does not qualify as a big mistake or even as news.

Brad Joseph, Cubs fan jerk, heckled Christie at Miller Park.

Christie replied. What's wrong with that?

If it's acceptable for Joseph to harass Gov. Christie, why isn't it acceptable for Christie to stand up for himself?

Christie didn't hit the guy or dump his nachos all over him.

Joseph, jeering Cubs fan, is no victim. He's the one that initiated the whole thing by taunting Christie.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm glad Christie didn't allow the comments from the jerk Cubs fan to go unanswered.

Anytime anyone gets in the face of an obnoxious Cubs fan I am pleased.




No comments: