Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Josh Hader's Tweets



The Internet is forever.

If Josh Hader didn't know that before his appearance in last night's All-Star Game, he knows it now.

From the Baltimore Sun:

Josh Hader's All-Star Game debut, 40 minutes from his hometown of Millersville, had already gone badly when he presided over a three-run eighth inning that put the National League down in an eventual 8-6 loss at Nationals Park.

Then, as the former Orioles draft pick and current Milwaukee Brewers relief pitcher exited the game and returned to the clubhouse, he realized the three-run home run he allowed to Jean Segura would be the least of his problems.

Hader, 24, had a set of tweets using racist, homophobic, and sexist language uncovered as he was on the mound in the All-Star Game, language he called "inexcusable" in a postgame media session.

..."It was something that happened when I was 17 years old, and as a child, I was immature," Hader said. "I obviously said some things that were inexcusable. That doesn't reflect on who I am as a person today, and that's just what it is."

"There's no excuse for what was said. I'm deeply sorry for what I said, and what has been going on. Like I said, it doesn't reflect any of my beliefs going on now."

Read the tweets here.

Holy moly. They're bad.

Oh, Josh.

Hader did the right thing. He apologized. He called his language inexcusable. What more can he do?

What he said at seventeen shouldn't be used against him now. If he tweeted that stuff recently, it would be a different matter.

I am so glad I left no Internet footprints when I was seventeen.

No comments: