Wednesday, November 25, 2020

About Paul Ryan

I was so proud when Wisconsinite Paul Ryan became Speaker of the House. I supported how he conducted himself. I guess that was because for years I thought he was a good representative of the people. I didn't listen when some conservatives criticized him because I thought I knew Paul Ryan.

It took quite a while before I'd admit that Ryan let down the conservative movement and the country.

But it's true.

Dozens of incumbent Republicans chose to leave the House of Representatives and not pursue reelection, including Ryan. They bailed, leaving the majority vulnerable in 2018.

Republicans, including Ryan, blocked President Trump from accomplishing great things for the American people.

It's amazing that the president achieved all he did in spite of hostile forces in his own party working against him, including Ryan.

No comments: