Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Joey Chestnut, Kobayashi - Labor Day Hot Dog Eating Contest on Netflix

Kobayashi retired because of health issues. Now he's back.

Weird.

From TMZ:
The timing of the announcement is pretty interesting -- on Tuesday, Major League Eating announced Chestnut was OUT of the Independence Day contest due to an endorsement deal he inked with a rival food company.

Just weeks ago, Kobayashi -- who is 0-3 against Chestnut -- claimed he was retired from competitive eating ... but he explained in a press release there is some unfinished business to attend to before hanging up his gut for good.

"Retiring for me will only happen after I take him down one last time," Kobayashi said on Wednesday. "This rivalry has been brewing for a long time."

Chestnut -- the 16-time Nathan's contest champ with 8-straight hot dog victories -- also weighed in ... saying, "Through all of my years in competitive eating, Kobayashi stands out as my fiercest rival."

"Competing against him pushed me to be so much better. I know that fans have waited a long time for another chapter of our rivalry and I can't wait for our massive showdown live on Netflix! It's time to give the people what they want!"
I find this hard to swallow.

No comments: