Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jay Leno Show - Final Episode

Five months after the debut of The Jay Leno Show, it's history.

The final episode was Tuesday night.

Donald Trump appeared via satellite to make it official.

"I just wanted to tell you that your bosses at NBC asked me to pass on a special message to you Jay because they don't have the guts to do it themselves. You're fired!"

Ashton Kutcher was Leno's guest.

Turns out Leno's prime time show wasn't what he thought it was. It wasn't what anyone thought it was. Leno got Punk'd.

Transcript

ASHTON KUTCHER: I have to admit something to you. So, I know this is the last show. And I felt like it was fitting that I came on the last show to reveal that this whole Tonight Show, earlier show thing was a punk.

JAY LENO: Oh, really? Wow! Wow! Very... yeah, it seemed... very elaborate.

KUTCHER: Six years ago, I sat in an office at NBC. Unfortunately, we forgot to roll the cameras and so I don't have any of the tape; but I thought I'd come out and do the reveal.

LENO: Right, right. Well, wow. That's fantastic. You did a hell of a job.

KUTCHER: I know. And everybody believed it, like the whole world. And Conan was like, 'Grrr,' and like going into angry and doing Irish accents.

LENO: Well, I'm glad it's over.

KUTCHER: Yeah, I know. It's good. It's tough. Like, people get so angry and feisty about it.

LENO: Yeah, they do. It's hard to believe.

KUTCHER: But it'll all cool off, now that everybody knows.



More video.



Leno says he's "glad it's over."

We all are, Jay. We all are.

No comments: