Monday, June 18, 2012

Caroline Kennedy: Father's Day Card for Obama

Caroline Kennedy knows how much it means to spend time together as a family on Father's Day.

She reminisces about her time with her father when he was president and relates to Obama's daughters.

She also believes we should use the occasion of Father's Day to tell Obama "how much he means to all of us."

Here's an email from Caroline Kennedy, subject line -
"Sign the card for President Obama":

Mary --

I grew up in the White House. I remember as a small child visiting my father in the Oval Office while he worked.

But really, we could have been growing up in any American home. We were just children, happy to see our dad -- even if he was stepping out of a helicopter that had landed on our front lawn.

That's why, on Father's Day, I'm thinking of Michelle Obama and the girls, and the time they'll get to spend with the President as a family.

I can appreciate how long the days can be -- and how wonderful it feels to know that, no matter how full your father's plate is, you're the best part of his day and the most important part of his life.

So I'm joining Michelle and others all around the country to wish the President a happy Father's Day.

As you acknowledge a special father figure in your own life, I hope you'll join me by adding your name to tell Barack how much he means to all of us:

http://my.barackobama.com/Fathers-Day

Thanks, and happy Father's Day to every dad out there.

Caroline

Good grief.

It never crossed my mind to tell Obama how much he means to me on Father's Day. How utterly lame!

Obama didn't devote the holiday to his family. He spent a good portion of Father's Day golfing in Chicago.

From CBS News:

On Father's Day, President Barack Obama is having a golf getaway.

The president is spending sunny late morning in Chicago doing something lots of dads might prefer to do — enjoying a round a golf.

He's playing at the Beverly Country Club with two longtime friends, Martin Nesbitt and Eric Whitaker, plus Obama's trip director and frequent golf partner, Marvin Nicholson.

Watch Mitt Romney's sons talk about their dad.



Are you surprised rich guy Romney didn't hire someone to be a dad to his sons?

I thought he would have been too busy getting rich and firing people to spend time with his family. At least that's what the Democrats would have us believe.

No comments: