Friday, August 17, 2018

MSNBC's John Heilemann: OK For Trump to Kill Parents

The stuff that goes on MSNBC is shocking. The things people say on that network are stunningly deranged.



From RealClearPolitics, a transcript excerpt from MSNBC's Morning Joe:

JOHN HEILEMANN: Can I just say quickly. I like the idea that you see as the bad example of what would be the core that would say it was okay for Donald Trump to dissolve media institutions because media institutions are just super unpopular?

I would like a pollster to ask this question: 'How many people in the Republican Party think that it would be okay for Donald Trump to dissolve their own grandparents?'

I'm virtually certain if it was a Donald Trump-related question you'd get like 10 percent that would be like, 'Donald Trump has the power to do whatever he wants, including kill my parents.'

I'm being hyperbolic. Don't everybody look so appalled... I'm trying to make the point -- I think there are certain things that there are some people who... that they just hear the question as the media is trying to test my loyalty to Donald Trump, and if it's a question about whether Trump has the authority to do anything, they will say 'yes' no matter what that thing is.

WILLIE GEIST, GUEST HOST:
It's his test question of I could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and they would stay with me.

HEILEMANN: That is where I was trying to get to, although bringing it a little closer to home and make it their own parents or grandparents.

GEIST: Boy, this show got dark real fast.

HEILEMANN: It's the era we live in, buddy.
John Heilemann is deranged.

Ten percent of people in the Republican Party would be OK with it if President Trump wanted to kill their parents or grandparents?

That is disgusting.

This incessant disparaging of millions of Americans is unacceptable discourse.

MSNBC is a disgrace.

No comments: