Tuesday, June 20, 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

June 20, 2006
Contact: Mary at freedomeden@gmail.com

MARY ANNOUNCES SHE WILL RUN FOR THE U.S. SENATE
WISCONSIN -- Late this afternoon, conservative Wisconsin blogger Mary announced her plans to run as a Republican to challenge Herb Kohl for the United States Senate.
Mary released the following statement on her blog, Freedom Eden:

As I was preparing a pot roast for dinner, I was thinking about the inability of the Republican Party of Wisconsin to field a viable candidate to challenge Herb Kohl.

Whereas it appears that Sen. Kohl will be running unopposed, and the state's Republican Party has been negligent in finding a challenger capable of unseating the three-term senator, I have decided to step forward and offer to serve the good people of the great state of Wisconsin.

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the U.S. Senate.

My first step will be to register as a Republican. Then, I will ... Well, I don't know what I'll do next. I think I have to file some papers. I would contact the Republican Party of Wisconsin for assistance, but I don't think the Party has any interest in challenging "Nobody's senator."

My campaign will be a cyber-grass-roots effort.

I intend to make history by being the first candidate elected via an entirely Internet-based campaign. That means no personal appearances, no TV or radio ads. It will be conducted strictly on the Internet. My blog will serve as campaign headquarters.

I will gladly debate the issues with Sen. Kohl online. If the senator agrees to debate, details will be forthcoming.

As far as where I stand on the issues, read my blog. Chances are, you'll learn more about my positions than you've learned about Sen. Kohl's beliefs after 18 years in the Senate.

You may be thinking, "I don't know anything about Mary. Why would I vote for her?"

To that I say: What do you know about Kohl, other than that he sponsors a flavored-milk stand at the State Fair and he always wears a blazer and baseball cap at Bucks games?

Vote for me. What the hell? Why not?

Mary says that her decision to run was prompted by announcements from Tommy Thompson and Tim Michels stating that they will not challenge Herb Kohl.

In addition, she cited extreme frustration with the Republican Party of Wisconsin.

Her campaign slogan:

Mary for U.S. Senate -- She's better than nobody

8 comments:

Poison Pero said...

DON'T DO IT, MARY!!!!

I've never seen you before, but I'm sure you are much prettier with your head out of your a-- than in it.......Which sadly is exactly what happens to most who find their way into the Senate.

Republican or Democrat:)

Mary said...

Someone has to do it, Pero.

The truth is Wisconsin Republicans aren't willing to seriously take on Kohl. They're wimps. I think his fortune scares them off, but who knows?

I've always been bothered by the fact that Kohl was able to buy and retain a senate seat because he's rich. It's certainly not because he's been such a great senator with a long list of accomplishments.

Frankly, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

BTW, I'm confident that my strong backbone will keep my head where it belongs. Unlike the Republican Party of Wisconsin, I have a spine. ;)

RJay said...

Go for it, Mary.
Let me know when you have the information so I can post it on my site.

It would be a good idea for you to create a domain. For domain registration I recommend godaddy.com
This is the host I use amhosting.com Plesk $4.95 per month.

I'll create a sub-domain on my domain while you are setting up if you would like.
http://whateveryouwanthere.rjayco.com
You would have a separate login and password.

steveegg said...

It would be interesting to have a Cheddarsphere primary; Aaron also announced.

Seriously, there is quite a bit of organization required by the federales beyond collecting 2,000-4,000 signatures. The Senators have a whole host of incumbency protections, and I'm not just talking about the McShame-Slimeroad Lieberal Protection Act

Mary said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Lady Hawk and RJay.

And thanks for the dose of reality, Steve.

Running for the senate appears to have more to do with money than principles and ideas.

This is all about the almighty dollar.

My disgust with the RPW has risen exponentially.

steveegg said...

If Nobody's Senator could navigate the morass that is a federal campaign, I'm sure you could. Like I said, the federal rules don't kick in until you raise or expend at least $5,000.

Bob Keller said...

Mary, You can count on my support.

Of course I don't live in Wisconsin and I can't vote and I can't contribute much money..... but, hey, I'm there for you.

Seriously, you have raised some excellent points in your blog. I'm now a regular reader. Keep up the very excellent work!

the WIZARD, fkap

Mary said...

Thank you very much, Wizard!