Friday, October 13, 2006

Air America Sinks

I believe in free enterprise.

It works, whether we're talking about toothpaste or talk radio.


Successful private businesses will thrive if they give the people what they want.

That explains why Air America is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

People aren't buying what Air America is selling and the radio network is suffocating.


No surprise there.


Delusional: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"


NEW YORK (AP) -- Air America Radio, a liberal talk and news radio network that features the comedian Al Franken, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, a network official told The AP.

The network had denied rumors just a month ago that it would file for bankruptcy. On Friday, Air America spokeswoman Jaime Horn told The Associated Press that the filing became necessary only recently after negotiations with a creditor from the company's early days broke down.

The network will stay on the air while it resolves issues with its creditors, Horn said....

...The filing marked the latest turbulence at the liberal talk radio network, which went on the air two years ago. This April, Danny Goldberg stepped down as CEO and was replaced by an interim chief executive from a management consulting firm.

"Nobody likes filing for bankruptcy," [new CEO Scott] Elberg said in a statement. "However, this move will enable us to concentrate on informing and entertaining our audience during the coming months."

Hope springs eternal, I guess.

Air America has been broadcasting for over two and a half years!

Hasn't that been enough time for the radio network to figure out how to inform and entertain in a manner that draws in an audience?

Apparently not.

I've never heard far Left lib talk radio that I liked.

Is that my political bias at play?

I don't think so. I can be a fair judge of quality. For instance, I don't care for certain genres of music, but I can still appreciate a well-done work even if it doesn't appeal to my personal tastes.

Simply put, Air America is not quality radio.

It's not entertaining.

It's not informative because it's a slightly more extreme regurgitation of the mainstream media's product.

The on air personalities are lacking in personality.

Based on its ratings, even libs can't stomach it.

A radio network in the private sector can't succeed without an audience, and Air America doesn't have one.

Filing bankruptcy won't change the fact that people of all political stripes have rejected Air America.

Why don't they give it up?

They tried. They failed. Move on.

I know that libs have a problem dealing with reality, but this is pathetic.

All in all, I think this is a positive step.

It's better to declare bankrupty than to funnel tax dollars meant for the New York-based Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club into the failed partisan, political radio operation.


Hopefully, this will end those sort of dirty dealings to keep the network afloat.

The heads of Air America really need to take a good, long look in the mirror and search their souls.




"I'm not good enough, I'm not smart enough, and doggone it, people don't like me!"


1 comment:

Poison Pero said...

Four simple words, which always hold true: Reality is a bitch.

Reality is Americans don't want to hear lunatic Leftists on the radio.