Friday, January 12, 2007

Another Steny Hoyer Press Release?

I have a feeling that not much work will be accomplished next week in the House.

Of course, if elected, the Dems promised to do the people's business five days a week.

Right out of the gate, the Dems blew off that one.

Steny declared an off day for the House in honor of the BCS football game.

This coming Monday will be another day off due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday observance.

Will Steny extend the already long weekend and proclaim that the House will not be in session on Tuesday as well?

American Idol premieres.

That calls for an entire day off, doesn't it?

4 comments:

RJay said...

The new season of 24 starts on Sunday with 2 hours Sunday and 2 hours Monday. Since American Idol premieres Tuesday they will probably Tivo the Monday 24 so they can watch it on Wednesday. Another day off. The Hundred Hours is becoming a Mission Impossible

Off topic:
StarKist Tuna is exempt from the minimum wage hike. Guess where StarKist is located.

Mary said...

RJay, thanks for the musical accompaniment. :)

Yes, this is a very busy TV week. No time for our elected officials to work.

That may be for the best.

And yes, I know the tuna tale. Madame Pelosi is kissing up to StarKist.

I love that pic on your blog. StarKist should redesign its label. :)

RJay said...

I lifted the Pelosi Tuna can from Rush.com. I usually don't post one of his graphics unless I credit it with the alt tag. I think I'll join the House and Tivo 24 and the season premiere of Crossing Jordan.

Mary said...

I think I'll do the out of the ordinary tonight and watch 60 Minutes. The Bush interview should be worth viewing.

Will he be treated as graciously as Ahmadinejad or Pelosi?

The bottom line on Tunagate: Pelosi's House reeks.