Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Power Mad Dr. Dean

Howard Dean amuses me.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's bad for the country. On occasion, he behaves like a true enemy of America.

Nonetheless, he's funny. He's a clown.

I love this, from The Politico:

Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean has been meeting with world leaders to repair "the extraordinary damage" that the Bush administration has done to America's image and to prepare the way for a new Democratic president.

"I am trying to build relationships with other governments in preparation for a Democratic takeover," Dean told me. "I want to make clear that there is an opposition in America and that we are ready to take power and that when we do, we are going to have much better relationships with them."

He sounds like John Kerry.

Remember when Kerry claimed that he had the support of world leaders during the 2004 election?

Kerry said: "I've met more leaders who can't go out and say this publicly, but boy, they look at you and say, 'You got to win this. You got to beat this guy.' "

Now we have Dr. Dean meeting with world leaders, engaging in a parallel diplomacy.

In 2000, I don't recall RNC Chairman Jim Nicholson going around the world trying to repair the damage done by Bill Clinton and his incompetent administration.

What's with these Dems thinking that they can undercut current leadership?


Dean is power mad.
...Dean is very concerned about world affairs and believes that after the November election in 2008, the president-elect should take a month off and travel the world to bolster America's image.

"During the Cold War, we certainly had people who didn't like us, but they respected us," Dean said. "Now, unfortunately, they don't like us and they don't respect us. And that needs to be fixed. And I consider one of my informal jobs to help fix it with like-minded world leaders so we do have some relationships."

Dean and the Dems are clueless.

Why did people respect us during the Cold War?

We were tough.

When we had a wimpy leader (Jimmy Carter), we weren't respected.

Thankfully, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush restored our place of power.

As a result, millions of people were freed from the oppression of the Soviet Union and tyrants like Saddam Hussein. These Republicans weren't appeasers.

Dr. Dean and his comrades need to learn that foreign policy isn't a popularity contest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

politics are boring. write me a funny story.

Mary said...

A funny story??? You want me to write you a funny story?

Funny how?

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little messed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how?

Anonymous said...

I dont think youre funny. This is boring. I want to hear a funny story and I know you know what I mean.