Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hillary on The View: She's a Woman!

When Nancy Pelosi was on The View, with her husband Paul in the audience, things got a little spicy.

The Speaker of the House was seated at the table with The View ladies and Barbara Walters saw fit to bring up Whoopi Goldberg's desire to "do" Paul Newman. Walters added, "And I think she'd like to do your husband as well."

Goldberg agreed and noted she would like to get to know Nancy Pelosi more intimately. She said, "I would do her as well. But we should wait on that because you're still in office, I don't want to cause a problem."


Really classy.

When Hillary Clinton was on The View Monday, she elected NOT to bring her husband along. Bill wasn't watching his wife from the front row. The View ladies couldn't swoon over the handsome Bill. Walters didn't have an opportunity to tell Hillary that Goldberg would like to do her husband. And Goldberg didn't get the chance to say she'd do Hillary as well.

The sleaze was strictly political.

According to the New York Times, Hillary was there to deliver her message, all business.

It was talk about issues, nothing controversial, no excitement.

BORING.

Barbara Walters and company dedicated about 20 minutes of the hour-long program to Mrs. Clinton, allowing her to touch on what would be her top priority as president (carefully withdrawing troops from Iraq), the Chinese trade deficit (the United States “can’t be patsies”) and what role Bill Clinton would play in as First Spouse (goodwill ambassador). She made little, if any news, here.

The women also wondered what Mrs. Clinton thought of a potential run by Al Gore, but the senator didn’t bite. She offered congratulations to him for his Nobel Peace Prize win and said, “When I’m president, we can get something done about global warming.”

The talk show hosts asked Mrs. Clinton to talk about recent comments made by Michelle Obama (the spouse of Senator Barack Obama) that alluded to Mrs. Clinton being too polarizing a figure to win the general election. Again, she senator played it cool and said she tries to avoid responding to verbal challenges from candidates and their wives.

Mrs. Clinton got the biggest reaction from the co-hosts when she said, as president, she would ask “distinguished” Americans to travel the world to recoup diplomatic standing lost by what she called recent “cowboy diplomacy.”

Nothing especially controversial was discussed, although Mrs. Clinton did joke about the amount of time it takes her to get her hair and makeup done. Ms. Walters ran out of time to ask a follow-up question about Iran, and health care was never brought up.

Who does Hillary think she is?

The Queen of England?

She has to loosen up a little bit. I don't mean by cackling or mugging those forced smiles.

She doesn't seem genuine.

From CNN:

Democratic White House hopeful Hillary Clinton told ABC's “The View” Monday that it's different running for president as a woman, noting people focus more attention on her appearances and mannerisms than on those of her male counterparts.

"Oh, yes, yes. Oh, yes," Clinton said when asked about the difficulties she encounters as a woman candidate. "The hair. The hair. The clothes. The laugh," the New York Democrat added, referencing the scrutiny she has faced on her evolving hairstyles, clothes, and most recently on what some have dubbed her 'cackle.'

"I do think that there still is, you know, probably a tougher standard for women, especially running for president," she added. "I mean, we've all been through it in some way or another. Where you go and you try to break a barrier, you try to do the best you can, and people are saying, ‘Well, I don't like her clothes,’ or, ‘I don't like her hair,’ or whatever."

During her appearance on The View, Clinton also brushed aside the suggestion that leaders from countries unsympathetic to women's rights would refuse to meet with her if she was elected president.

"You know, I have been to 82 countries," the Democratic frontrunner said. "And I have met with the leaders of a lot of countries that are not exactly in the forefront of giving women their rights. And I've never found that to be a problem."

“I actually think, assuming I'm so fortunate as to be elected, that sends a very strong message to those countries and to those leaders,” she added.

Clinton's appearance on the daytime talk show kicked off a week in which she is aiming to play up her connection to female voters. Appearing at a women's luncheon honoring Eleanor Roosevelt later on Monday, Clinton said she often draws inspiration from the former first lady.

The lib media keep talking about "her softer side."

Have you seen it? I haven't. Which side is her softer side? I need some clues here.

I guess that's why Hillary's campaign has kicked off its "Women Changing America" week.

Hillary's camp no longer wants to run away from her womanhood. It's time to embrace it and appeal to women voters. Now is the time to acknowledge that Hillary is not a man.


Bottom line: I don't care if Hillary is a woman.

Permit me to rephrase that statement-- I don't care that Hillary is a woman.

It's completely irrelevant to me.

I would never vote for her or anyone based on gender.

That doesn't matter at all. I can't relate to that 1970s "I am woman, hear me roar" stuff.

The candidate's qualifications count. Political philosophy counts. Positions on issues count. Character counts. Experience counts.


X and Y chromosomes-- they don't count.

Hillary's a woman.

So what?

I don't care. I could not care less.

She's a liberal. She's an appeaser. She wants to tax me, chip away at my freedom and give the government more control over my life. I care about that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean she really IS a female? I thought that was all hype and speculation! :/

Mary said...

Shocking, isn't it? :)

WI Catholic said...

The US has been 'prepared' for a woman president since Bill was in office by the media... not just any woman, either. Hillary. Now, on the OTHER side, Rudy is being shoved down our throats, and I am really gagging from both of them.
(it is call propaganda... and some sheep vote by polls... )
Lord, have Mercy!

God bless, Mary!

Mary said...

Glad to see you posting again!

I hope all is well. :)