Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jimmy Carter Hints at Obama Endorsement

What a day for Barack Obama!

First, Jane Fonda gives him her support and now it looks like Jimmy Carter, possibly the worst president and ex-president in U.S. history, is leaning toward Obama.

WASHINGTON -- Former President Carter wouldn't quite say it, but he left little doubt this week about who he'd like to see in the White House next year.

Speaking to local reporters Wednesday on a trip to Nigeria, the former Democratic president noted that Barack Obama had won his home state of Georgia and his hometown of Plains.

"My children and their spouses are pro-Obama. My grandchildren are also pro-Obama," he said at a press conference, according to the Nigerian newspaper This Day. "As a superdelegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for, but I leave you to make that guess."

Carter's spokeswoman confirmed the comments.

I suppose it makes sense for Carter to back Obama, given his pathetically weak on terror, pro-Palestinian bias.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Carter a bad ex-President?

He helps the poor and strives for peace around the world through the Carter Center.

Are you opposed to Carter personally or are you opposed to efforts for peace and helping the poor?

Mary said...

I'm opposed to Carter's anti-Semitism.

I'm opposed to the way he has undercut President Bush.

I'm opposed to his shameless self-promotion.

He has not conducted himself in a manner befitting a former U.S. president.

I do admire him for his work with Habitat for Humanity.