Sunday, April 13, 2008

Obama Serves Burgers, Should Apologize


Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., serves burgers to Alisha Cordell from Raleigh, N.C., during a lunch with supporters at Ball State University in Muncie, Ind., Saturday, April 12, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Look at this photo. I know what Barack Obama is doing, but what is he doing???

Acting like a waiter is a little weird at this stage in the primaries.

And he should be wearing gloves when handling prepared food. He should issue an apology for that. After all, this has become an Apology Weekend for Obama.

MISHAWAKA, Ind. -- A political tempest over Barack Obama's comments about bitter voters in small towns has given rival Hillary Rodham Clinton a new opening to court working class Democrats 10 days before Pennsylvanians hold a primary that she must win to keep her presidential campaign alive.

Obama tried to quell the furor Saturday, explaining his remarks while also conceding he had chosen his words poorly.

"If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that," Obama said in an interview with the Winston-Salem (N.C.) Journal.

That sort of an apology bugs me.

IF I offended....

I can't stand that. It's not a question of "if." He did offend people and he knows it. Why does he add that "if" qualifier?

Of course, Obama deeply regrets being caught exposing himself to be a liberal elitist snob. Of course, he'd regret that his condescending comments were made public and his true attitude about hard-working Americans was revealed.

For someone so articulate, you'd think he'd be able to get an apology right.

Frankly, his apologies suck.

Something like this would be good:

The things I said at that big bucks San Francisco fund-raiser were inexcusable. I know I offended Pennsylvanians and many other Americans as well when I said their frustration and anger with Washington causes them to cling to their guns and their religion. I demeaned them for exercising their rights. I berated their values and opinions on issues. I completely trashed the working-class, America's backbone. I'm so ashamed. I acted like an arrogant jerk and for that I am truly sorry. Please forgive me. Oh, and I'm sorry for handing out burgers without wearing food service gloves. That was bad.

I think Obama could benefit from some spiritual counseling, but from someone other than his spiritual mentor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

5 comments:

AC said...

For those who keep making a comment about Senator Obama handling my food, "Stop being ignorant!" You do not know what you are talking about. Senator Obama is a kind and considerate person. He is understanding and caring. And he used tongs! You dislike him and are making false allegations. You should be ashamed. You were not there; I was, and it was a privilege.

Mary said...

Tongs?

Those "tongs" look remarkably like hands to me.

Question: Did your burger taste like Purell?

Lighten up, AC.

You're right. I wasn't there. I merely looked at the photo and reacted to it.

You're wrong. I don't dislike Obama. I just don't think he should be president. I don't agree with his positions. I don't agree with his philosophy. I don't think he has enough experience. I don't think he's the agent of change he professes to be. He's politics as usual.

As an Obama supporter, I'm sure it was a privilege to be at the event and for you to be served lunch by Obama. That would be really exciting.

I'm joking around about the burger thing and Obama needing to apologize on that.

Anonymous said...

Elitist?

Obama is an Elitist?

(taken from Cenk Uygur's featured blog post on Huffingtonpost.com on April 15th)

"...The Clinton and McCain families both have over $100 million. Barack Obama has a father from Kenya and mother from Kansas. Who are they kidding about elitism?"

The only problem, if i were to claim one, with Obama's "bitter" comments was that it was recited in a closed event in San Fran. and not out in the open.

But besides that, everything stated was the truth.

People's jobs have been shipped overseas and they are never coming back, gas prices are continuing to rise, the economic woes show no end in sight. People are bitter, mad, upset, whatever adjective you would like to use to show that what is going on with our nation is acceptable.

And as an American, I do not want any elected offical or any body holding a high political office to pat me on the head and say

"No you're not bitter, everything is okay."

While they are not feeling the certain constraint's middle class worker's are feeling, in reference to gas prices, foreclosures. While they make +100 millon a year.

Obama spoke a certain truth when he those words came about.

They also called him "out of touch with regular Americans".

Let's remember the facts here:

Mr.Barack worked as a community organizer for years in the South Side of Chicago make about $8,000 a year (before striking it big with his two books which profits have been claimed to pay off student loans).

Mr. McCain and Mrs. Clinton were in Washington and have been there for 20 plus years, now that can make someone become out of touch.

Every candidate has their faults and Obama is no exception, but his goods outweighs his bad. The same can't be said for his democratic opponents The Clintons.

Which policies don't you agree with because most of the policies the Obama and Hilary present are a matter a fact, similar.

And I don't really consider
"Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton"
something of a definite change.

Mary said...

Being an elitist isn't necessarily about how much money you have.

I'm not using income to define Obama as elitist.

Anonymous said...

obama is fake. all the little secrets just keep coming out. he is just using the slogan change to get votes. why are people talking about hillary taking a drink when obama is serving hamburgers to people. it is possible that hillary drinks a little every now and then, but obama never serves hamburgers to people unless he is trying to gain their trust and votes. obama is such a fake as an agent of change.