Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Exhausted

I would be sleeping now if I could.

The rain isn't heavy at the moment. It's diminishing, but I hear distant rumblings of thunder.

I hear raindrops tapping at the windows. It's hardly the pelting I heard so often the past few days, but even the gentle drops against the glass are driving me nuts.

I just want it to be quiet. Please, God, no more rain.

I hate watching the radar, but I can't stop. I have to know if there's more orange and red on its way. Is it tracking north or east or northeast, or drifting to the south? How fast is it moving? I hope it's moving quickly.

I'm so worn out, physically and mentally.

We had some water seep into the basement Saturday evening, nothing bubbling up from the sewer. We moved what needed to be moved upstairs. Now, the dehumidifier and fans are doing most of the work.

What's that?

Quiet.

No rain is falling. A quick check of the radar shows that it should be quiet for a brief while. That's good.

Thankfully, there haven't been any serious storm-related injuries, but some people have suffered serious damage to their property, their homes and cars, because of the weekend storms.

I know there are a lot of exhausted, stressed out people in Wisconsin.

I'm hearing the rain again, though it's a gentle rain. Even a gentle rain, is too much.

No comments: