Tuesday, November 11, 2008

President Bush at the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum,

In commemoration of Veterans Day, President Bush honored veterans at the rededication of the USS Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum.

THE PRESIDENT: As you can see, I have the honor of traveling with men and women who have volunteered to serve our nation in a time of war. Behind me are five outstanding Americans representing each branch of the military service. I am with them today because we are celebrating Veterans Day.

Veterans have inspired troops such as these. Veterans have inspired me. I was raised by a veteran. I appreciate the commitment to our country that the veterans have made. I am committed to making sure that today's veterans get all the health care and support they need from the federal government for agreeing to serve in a time of danger.

Our nation is blessed because our liberties have been defended by brave men and women in the past. And we are blessed to have brave men and women defend our liberties today.

God bless our veterans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great, as a veteran this disgusts me. He is praising us, yet he has pulled funding from all programs for when veterans are injured or come home. There is no money for veterans to go to college, the money is being pulled for idiotic programs, and Military Members support stem cell research cause its our lives on the line, yet he ignores our demands. Forget him.