Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chocolate-covered Bacon on a Stick

Some things should not be covered in chocolate.

One of those things is bacon.

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Food on a stick is a staple at the Wisconsin State Fair.

At this year's fair, the usual offerings will be sold: cheesecake, deep-fried Oreo cookies, and cheese and hot dog, all on a stick.

This year, however, vendors have outdone themselves.

How does chocolate-covered bacon on a stick sound to you? Is that appealing or disgusting?

It's disgusting.
Patrice Harris, a fair spokeswoman, said the chocolate-covered bacon will be offered by the Machine Shed restaurant. She said she believed it was the first time the sweet and salty confection will be sold at the fair.

Chocolate-covered bacon is not new. The Minnesota State Fair offered it last year.

Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge. The chocolate-covered bacon could be heaven on a stick.

I suppose I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it.

I'm not going to try it.

6 comments:

Laura said...

yuck! that sounds horrible!
btw, on my end your quotes on the right are not coming up at all. Only your blogs are showing, is it just me or what?

Unknown said...

Funny Bacon comedy

Anonymous said...

you should try Bacon Freaks Bacon Chocolate Sueyts. http://www.cvwine.com/chocolates/sueyts.html

Mary said...

It is a really weird combination.

I'm seeing the quotes, Laura. I don't know what the problem was but sometimes Blogger acts up. I refresh the page and that usually works.

That's funny, Lee. I like Jim Gaffigan.

DW said...

I had a dark chocolate bar that had little bits of bacon in it. It was delicious. I think chocolate covered bacon sounds better and makes more sense to me than deep frying Twinkies or Snickers bars. But, they're all super unhealthy.

Mary said...

I can imagine chocolate with little bits of bacon, little salty pieces, being good.

Dark chocolate has health benefits, but I think you have to eat a ton to get those benefits.

If I had to choose between dark chocolate and bacon, I'd pick the chocolate.