Monday, August 17, 2009

Contessa Brewer and Zach Lahn

MSNBC's Contessa Brewer, former TMJ4 reporter and weekend anchor, has had another funny meltdown of sorts.

Read about Brewer's bizarre interview with John Ziegler, June 2009.

Brewer runs her show with an iron fist.

Watch her interview with University of Colorado senior Zach Lahn, the student who challenged Obama to an Oxford-style debate on the public option.


ZACH LAHN: I have one question. Can I ask you a question?

CONTESSA BREWER: No, because I'm the interviewer and that's the end of my show. People in the next hour get very mad when I get..., when I go over my time. That wraps up this hour for me. I'm Contessa Brewer.

Brewer's arm movements at the end are hilarious.

Needless to say, Brewer's debating skills and her command of the issues aren't great.

Clearly, she wanted out of the interview. In the time she took to explain herself, she could have allowed Lahn to make a final point.

Nonetheless, don't mess with Tess.

She's the interviewer.

MSNBC is the gift that keeps on giving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zach, being a student and not a seasoned media person, did very well.

Contessa was not conducting an interview, it was an interrogation.

Stuff like this and the public voting with the channel changer gives me hope.

Mary said...

MSNBC is a ratings disaster.