Monday, September 14, 2009

Keith Olbermann and NBC's Sunday Night Football

I didn't watch much of the pre-game coverage of the Sunday night game between the Packers and the Bears at Lambeau Field.

I was busy with other things, but it was on in the background.

Occasionally, I'd hear that horrible, grating, annoying voice. I'd glance at the TV and see that horrible face, Keith Olbermann.

I'd shudder. He makes my skin crawl.

Olbermann chose to make his living as an over-the-top Leftist loon on MSNBC. Of course, his ratings are so poor that probably relatively few in the football audience are aware of his degrading, demeaning, despicable rants against conservatives and Republicans.

How many viewers know that a few months ago Olbermann said, "Reagan's dead and he was a lousy President"? What a guy!

I don't think Olbermann belongs on NBC's football coverage team. He wrecks it.

For the record, I don't think he should be on MSNBC either. Olbermann is an embarrassment. He's done tremendous damage to the NBC News brand. Why would NBC want him to destroy its very minimal sports coverage?

Olbermann should be confined to his MSNBC assignment and left there to linger in obscurity. NBC should not impose him on football fans. The viewing public deserves better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, tell us how you really feel. Were you this pained by Rush Limbaugh's brief stint on ESPN?