Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Levi Johnston and CBS: Equally Sleazy

CBS has given Levi Johnston, the shameless self-promoter and soon-to-be Playgirl playmate, a forum to spew his sleaze.

CBS offered Johnston a full-frontal showcase on its Early Show, with Maggie Rodriguez interviewing him -- 2 PARTS! She seemed very comfortable participating in the slime fest.

Johnston talked about his Vanity Fair tell-all about Sarah Palin, detailing what he witnessed, what he heard her say.

Johnston also told Rodriguez he's been hearing a lot about his saying in a recent first-person tell-all in Vanity Fair magazine that Palin routinely referred to her baby, Trig, who suffers from Down syndrome, as "retarded."

"I was just in shock for the first time I heard it," Johnston recalled for Rodriguez. "And then she'd say it regularly. And I think she was joking, but it doesn't make it right."

Still, Johnston remarked to Rodriguez, "Those are just little ... things I put in Vanity Fair. You know, all the big things I got, I'm keeping -- you know, I'm keeping them in, and -- you know, it's just something that probably will never come out."

He added that he's "sure Sarah's got something ... coming for me," perhaps in her soon-to-be-released memoir, but, "I'm not worried about her saying anything about me. I've really never done anything bad. I don't have anything to hide. So she can go on and say what she wants."

Johnston stood by his contention in Vanity Fair that Sarah and Todd Palin would not only regularly talk about divorce -- they'd do it in front of their children, adding to Rodriguez, "I'm sure it really hurt their kids, you know. I didn't like it. I wasn't even their kid."

...Now an aspiring actor and model, Johnston is going for the ultimate exposure -- in an upcoming issue of Playgirl magazine.

He told Rodriguez the Playgirl spread will be done "tastefully," saying, "I'm not gonna just go out there and get naked." He expands on that in Part Two of the interview, which airs Thursday.

There's nothing "tasteful" about Johnston.

There's nothing "tasteful" about CBS. Good grief, what would Edward R. Murrow say about this crap?

I bet David Letterman is drooling over the thought of interviewing Johnston.

If not for the recent disclosures about him having sex with a number of Late Show with David Letterman staffers, including an intern, I have no doubt that Johnston would be given the spotlight by Letterman.

Who knows?

Maybe Johnston still will end up on the show.

CBS obviously has no shame.


2 comments:

grumps said...

I must have missed the part where you refuted anything that he said, Mary. Which parts do you think are inaccurate and on what basis?

If you do nothing but call Johnston names are you not doing exactly what you accuse him of?

Mary said...

Come on.

I am commenting on Johnston's exploitation of his son and his relationship with Bristol Palin for personal gain.

What Johnston is doing -- his Playgirl spread, attending Hollywood Red Carpet events, spilling all sorts of claims that can't be verified to an eager, receptive lib media -- is not the same as me commenting on his public statements and appearances.

I can't refute Johnston's accusations and that's the point.

No, what I am doing is nothing like what Johnston is doing.