Sunday, November 22, 2009

Adam Lambert, American Music Awards (Video)

Adam Lambert was the final performance of the American Music Awards on Sunday night.

I think that was smart. He sang "For Your Entertainment."

This was not family entertainment. All the little girls who are Adam Lambert fans from American Idol and stayed up to watch the AMAs and see their favorite perform got quite a shock.

Lambert had promised a "sexy performance."

If you call Lambert holding men on leashes, rubbing a man's face in his crotch, and a woman grabbing Lambert's crotch sexy, then it was sexy.




The S&M garb combined with the choreography was quite... What's the word? Breathtaking?



ABC chose to take the camera off Lambert and pan the audience after that move. Grinding the guy's face in his crotch I guess crossed the line.



ABC didn't cut away as the woman grabbed Lambert with her black-gloved hand. She held on for a while.

I'm not a prude. I was just a bit surprised that ABC chose to give Lambert so much leeway in his performance. It was definitely for adults, not something for kids.


Video.

_____________________

"For Your Entertainment" - Lyrics

So hot
Out the box
Can we pick up the pace?
Turn it up,
Heat it up
I need to be entertained
Push the limit
Are you with it?
Baby, don’t be afraid
I’ma hurt ‘ya real good, baby

Let’s go
It’s my show
Baby, do what I say
Don’t trip off the glitz
That I’m gonna display
I told ya
I’ma hold ya down until you’re amazed
Give it to ya ’til your screaming my name

No escaping when I start
Once I’m in I own your heart
There’s no way you’ll ring the alarm
So hold on until it’s over

Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do?
‘Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet
‘Ya fallen angel swept ya off ya feet
Well I’m about to turn up the heat
I’m here for your entertainment

It’s alright
You’ll be fine
Baby, I’m in control
Take the pain
Take the pleasure
I’m the master of both
Close your eyes
Not your mind
Let me into your soul
I’ma work ya ’til your totally blown

No escaping when I start
Once I’m in I own your heart
There’s no way ‘ta ring the alarm
So hold on until it’s over

Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do?
‘Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet
‘Ya fallen angel swept ya off your feet
Well I’m about to turn up the heat
I’m here for your entertainment

Oh oh… mmm
Entertainment
Oh oh… Oh entertainment
I’m here for your entertainment

Oohh
Do you like what you see?
Woah
Let me entertain ya ’till you scream

Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do?
‘Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet (bet ya thought)
‘Ya fallen angel swept ya off your feet
Well I’m about to turn up the heat (turn up the heat)
I’m here for your entertainment

________________

From CNN: Lambert says man-on-man kiss at AMA happened 'in the moment'


________________

UPDATE, November 24, 2009: Adam Lambert's scheduled appearance on Good Morning America tomorrow has been cancelled.
TVNewser has learned ABC News canceled the concert after Lambert's sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards Sunday night.

...ABC, which aired the awards show, received about 1,500 phone calls from people complaining about the performance, a number ABC calls "moderate."

An ABC News spokesperson tells TVNewser, "given his controversial live performance on the AMAs we were concerned about airing a similar concert so early in the morning."

> Update / 1:13pmET: Almost as quickly as GMA canceled Lambert, the CBS Early Show added him to the lineup. Lambert will discuss the controversial AMA appearance and will perform live tomorrow morning.

________________

From Rolling Stone: "Adam Lambert Loses 'Good Morning America' Gig, Will Perform on 'Early Show'"
It’s not all bad news for the Wild Idol, however: Lambert will instead perform on tomorrow’s episode of CBS’ The Early Show. It’ll be a double dose of Lambert on CBS tomorrow, as he also recorded a performance yesterday at New York’s Ed Sullivan Theatre that will be broadcast tomorrow night on The Late Show With David Letterman. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Lambert indicated he wasn’t taking ABC’s decision to nix his morning appearance personally, adding, “Obviously I respect their decision, they gotta do what they gotta do. It’s too bad, I think there were a lot of fans who were excited to come see me. They probably had a lot of pressure coming at them from certain people who weren’t happy about it. I don’t necessarily agree with it, but they need to do what they need to do.”

...While it appears ABC will likely avoid a fine for Lambert’s “Full Frontal Glambgasm” on Sunday night, the network didn’t want to risk accumulating more complaints and irritating comparatively more sensitive early-morning advertisers.

It remains unclear whether Lambert himself had anything to do with the cancellation, as he told Rolling Stone that any editing of his AMAs performance would qualify as “discrimination” on the part of ABC. The oral sex simulation from Lambert’s “For Your Entertainment” was edited out for the show’s West Coast feed.

Discrimination?

That's ridiculous.

1 comment:

lilmamablondie said...

Shame on everyone involved in allowing this sick, perverted piece of crap, Adam Lambert put on such a disgraceful, sexually explicit performance (I'm being gracious in even calling it a performance) If this is accepted by us to be shown on television with our youth watching, God help us!!! Wake up America, your on the verge of Sodom and Gomorrah. It's coming.....