Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jimmy Fallon Statement: Leno and Conan (Video)

Jimmy Fallon has done a few jokes about the Leno/Conan mess, but he hasn't mentioned it much. He started his monologue on Wednesday's show with just one joke related to the matter.

JIMMY FALLON: Did you guys see the season premiere of American Idol last night? It must be crazy for those contestants performing on national television while a few people decide your fate. Personally, I get enough of that here at NBC.

After Jimmy finished his monologue, he sat behind his desk and, for the first time, spoke at length about the late night shake-up at NBC.

Transcript

FALLON: Boy, crazy late night fights going on right now. It's pretty nuts. For those of you who don't know, here's what I know: Jay Leno is going to go back to 11:30. Conan O'Brien was offered 12:05, and he said he didn't want to do that. He said it wasn't fair to him and he said it wasn't fair to me, which was very nice of him to say.

So, I owe it to you guys to let you know how I feel about this whole thing. I'm happy to have a job. I really am. I have a lot fun doing this show. We all do. But it's kind of weird because these are two of my heroes and two of my friends.

Leno... I was on his show so many times, you know, before I was even at this job. And then when I got this job, he gave me so much advice, as did Conan. Conan did, too. And Conan O'Brien, if he didn't kick ass here for 17 years, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have a job. So, I love both.

It's a weird thing for me. I feel like I met a great woman, I got married, and now I'm finally getting to know my in-laws and they are crazy.

Anyway, I love being here and I'm gonna do what they taught me to do, which is have fun, keep trying new things, and don't take anything too seriously. And that's what I'm gonna do. So thanks for letting me talk.

Fallon certainly seemed sincere and to be speaking from the heart.

Very classy.


Video.

No comments: