Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things Better Than Carrying an Unwanted Pregnancy

This is disturbing.

On The Abortioneers blog, a post, titled "Things I would rather do than carry an unwanted pregnancy," offers a list of supposedly torturous things that would be preferable to endure than having an "unwanted" baby.

1. Eat seafood (those of you who know me know what a big deal that is)
2. Play World of Warcraft
3. Eat poo
4. Not bathe for one week
5. Succumb to mononucleosis
6. Watch a marathon of Lord of the Rings (again)
7. Go bald
8. Attend a Jonas Brothers concert
9. Attend a Justin Bieber concert
10. Receive medical care from Baltimore's Union Memorial Hospital
11. Lick a flagpole in Fargo
12. Go first base with Rush Limbaugh (but that's where I draw the line)
13. Have my hair done by Snookie
14. Have my hair done by The Situation
15. Live in an igloo
16. Smell tuna fish for a month
17. Live in Darfur
18. Watch Paranormal Activity again, but by myself in the middle of the night on Halloween
19. Wear Crocs
20. Sell my soul to Satan for a giant donut
21. Watch an episode of "The O'Reilly Factor"
22. Work at The Office
23. Have a credit score of 200
24. Be Kate Gosselin's partner on "Dancing With the Stars"
25. Be a Gosselin child


And so on. Please share your tragedies that are less tragic still than being denied an abortion!

Posted by anti-anti at 8:35 AM

I don't know how someone can make light of killing a human life.

Regardless of one's stance on the issue, pro-abortion or anti-abortion, this should strike one as offensive.

The list is not funny. It's not clever. It's disgusting.

The blog author encourages readers, "Please share your tragedies that are less tragic still than being denied an abortion!"

What a tasteless mockery of the slaughter of unborn babies!

3 comments:

Right Wing Extreme said...

Did you read the comments to that post on their site? I can not even fathom the one about losing the $5 golf ball. Those people sicken me so much that I am at a loss for words.

Anonymous said...

Boy - Having carried an unplanned, and , at times, an "unwanted " pregnancy to term, I would like them to know something: I was rewarded (most undeservedly) a thousand times over with a beautiful little boy. Being pregnant when you don't want to be, for instance when the father is on a restraining order, is TEMPORARY. The regret of abortion is FOREVER.
What I, and other women I have known in such situations, needed, was encouragement and resources not an abortion. When will they get it it that many times there can be a happy ending in "bad" circumstances?! That welfare, breakups, etc. aren't forever? Even women who are "satisfied" with their abortion will not be describing it with the same language a woman who is describing the miracle of life or birth.... I wonder how many of the women they have aborted wonder what their baby what have looked like, or why they weren't offered REAL help. Because killing may bring temporary feelings of relief, but never the real hope and joy of birth or adoption (yes, I have experience with that too).

Mary said...

"What? Anonymous comments don't get published? Looks like they do.... so long as you agree with them. Same rules as you apply to signed posts."

Posted by Anonymous to FREEDOM EDEN at 6:54 PM, March 11, 2010
___________

If you are familiar with my blog, then you know that I have placed a new message about commenting rules right above the comment form. I did that this afternoon. The "anonymous, 10:37 AM, March 11, 2010" comment was submitted prior to that change.

Although I had a page with my comment policy, some posters either didn't see it or ignored it. Now posters can't miss it, so I won't feel bad about rejecting an "anonymous" comment.

I do not reject comments based on point of view.

I do reject comments from people I have banned from my site, such as 76.98.9.# (Comcast Cable), Havertown, Pennsylvania. If a comment from a banned individual, like that troll, was published, it's not because of the content of the comment. It's because I didn't identify it as being from said troll.