Friday, June 4, 2010

Careless Construction Worker, I-43

Yesterday evening at about 7:15, I'm in the passenger seat as we drive southbound on I-43.

We were just north of the Ozaukee - Milwaukee county line. There wasn't a lot of traffic.

Suddenly, a construction worker wearing a neon yellow vest strolls (and I mean strolls) across all the lanes, from left to right. He wasn't carrying anything or moving equipment. He was just walking.

To keep from hitting him, we were forced to brake and slow down to nearly a dead stop.

The worker didn't look. He just walked across the freeway, like he was on a cul-de-sac.

He acted like a deer. Clueless. Actually, I think a deer would have crossed more quickly.

It was unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it.

Motorists are always being warned to take extra care in a construction zone. That's good advice.

There's at least one construction worker that is in dire need of a safety course himself.

________________

Another I-43 story:

Thursday at about 12:30 AM, a car was going northbound on the southbound side of I-43, whipping along at full speed in the far left lane.

Several sheriffs responded, sirens blaring, driving northbound.

Was the driver drunk or disoriented due to a medical condition? I don't know.

How did this end? I don't know, but had there been an accident, I assume it would have been newsworthy. In this case, no news was good news.

Very scary.

No comments: