Friday, July 9, 2010

Barack Hussein Obama: Israelis Suspicious

Obama has the audacity to blame his unpopularity among some Israelis on his middle name -- Hussein.

Audio, ITN News interview.


YONIT LEVY: People in Israel who are anxious about you, and who, you know, I'm quoting their sentiment, feel like you don't have a special connection to Israel -- how do you respond to that?

OBAMA: Well, you know, it's interesting. This is, this is the thing that, uh, actually surfaced even before I was elected president in, uh, some of the talk that was circulating, uh, within the Jewish American community. Uh, ironically, uh, you know, I've got a chief of staff named Rahm Israel Emanuel. My top political advisor is somebody who's, uh, you know, uh, descended of Holocaust survivors. Um, you know, my closeness to the Jewish American community was probably what propelled me to, uh, the U.S. Senate. Um, and, uh, my not just knowledge but sympathy and identification with the Jewish experience, um, is rooted in part because of the historic connection between the African American freedom movement here in the United States and uh, the, the civil rights efforts of Jewish Americans and some of the same impulses that lead to the creation of Israel. Uh, and so, I think where this, what this arises from, some of it just may be the fact that my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion. Some of it may have to do with that fact that I have actively reached out to the Muslim community.

What a long, rambling answer to get to the gist of his response!

It's "Hussein," stupid.

Right.

No comments: