Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Feingold and Obama

Russ Feingold was in Milwaukee yesterday. Obama was, too.

Feingold chose not to be around when Obama arrived.

Why?

He claims he had a prior commitment that made it impossible for him to be at Laborfest with Obama.

On FOX 6, he was asked if he was trying to distance himself from Obama. Feingold explained why he didn't attend Obama's policy speech political rally in Milwaukee.

I didn't want to break my commitment to all the families and friends that I grew up with. But I would love to be with the President again. I was with him a couple of weeks here. The only reason is I had already made a promise. I made a commitment to be in my hometown, to be with the people I grew up with at a Laborfest that I have tried to attend every year. And that's exactly the reason, and I think anybody looking at it would know that that's the kinda way I would be with the people I grew up with.

Yeah, right.

Given the kind of crazed campaign-style speech that Obama gave, I understand why Feingold stayed away.

I'm sure Feingold didn't want to be associated with Obama's $50 BILLION spending plan.

It would not have been difficult for Feingold to be in Janesville, with "the people [he] grew up with," and in Milwaukee with Obama. Feingold didn't have to break his commitment.

His excuse was so lame, repeating the phrase "the people I grew up with" three times.

Wouldn't the people he grew up with want him to appear with Obama as well as attend the hometown event either before or after the Obama political rally masquerading as a presidential address?

I can't believe those people he grew up with would have been crushed if Feingold explained that he needed to attend the president's union rally and that he'd get to Janesville when he could.

When did Feingold start caring about living up to his commitments anyway?



Video.
 

No comments: