Friday, October 29, 2010

Joy Behar, Sharron Angle: 'Bitch' a Term of Endearment

Joy Behar is classless.

After using a terribly inappropriate choice of words when referring to Sharron Angle on The View, Behar didn't have the decency to back off.


Video.



Transcript

JOY BEHAR: I called Sharron Angle a 'bitch' and I got a lot of flak for it, people basically objecting to my use of the word. I really shouldn't have called her a bitch 'cause to me, that's a term of endearment. I mean, I reserve that word for people that I know and love. So that was a mistake and I take it back. I mean, the fact that she approved a racist ad, that is the point that I wanted to get through to the people, not the word 'bitch.'

You girls are my bitches... Just to clarify a few things and get off my back on the word, you know.

That was no apology.

This "term of endearment" excuse has been used before.

Remember the controversy involving statements by Elizabeth Hoffman, president of the University of Colorado?

From the Washington Post:

When the Boulder County prosecutor charged that Colorado football coach Gary Barnett was using "sex and drugs" to recruit 17-year-old high school football stars, the regents held endless meetings and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a detailed investigation -- and then decided that nobody needed to be disciplined.

A lawsuit by two undergraduates who say they were gang-raped by Barnett's football players and recruits is pending. After a student athlete was accused of referring to a female student by a four-letter slang term referring to part of the female anatomy, President Hoffman declared that this "c-word" can sometimes be a "term of endearment." Students and faculty denounced the president for "hate speech." The regents again took no action.

That's sick.

Why is it Leftists like Behar and Hoffman get passes when they use these "terms of endearment" or defend their use by others?

No comments: